Carob contains many health benefits, which depending on how the plant is prepared, can be used as a natural remedy for human health issues. The pod consists of three different parts; the outer husk, the nutritive endosperm and the inner seed.
Carobs are high in protein, contain essential vitamins and are a healthy alternative to most snack foods. Carobs are beneficial as they:
- – Contain tannins that are rich in gallic acid.
- – Gallic acid provides anti-allergic, antiseptic and anti-bacterial benefits.
- – Rich in insoluble fibre.
- – Good source of vitamin E.
- – Contain Thiamin (vitamin B), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin A), alpha-tocopherol, and ergocalciferol (vitamin D2).
- – Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- – High in potassium and magnesium.
- – Gluten free.
- – Caffeine free.
- – 100% natural with no chemicals or preservatives.