Nutrition and Health Benefits of Eating Carob:
- – Carob tannins contain Gallic acid that works as an analgesic, anti-allergic, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral and antiseptic.
- – Carob improves digestion and lowers cholesterol level in the blood.
- – It is used for treating diarrhea in children and adults alike.
- – Since it does not contain caffeine, carob benefits people with high blood pressure.
- – Regular use of carob helps in preventing lung cancer.
- – The vitamin E content in carob helps in treating cough, flu, anemia and osteoclasis.
- – Carob fights against osteoporosis, due to its richness in phosphorus and calcium.